Lake Township trustees set fall cleanup dates
LAKE TWP. During it regular meeting on Aug. 10, The Lake Township Board of Trustees set the fall cleanup dates for 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 16-18 and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 19.
As in the past, only 12 tires are allowed per household and commercial dumping is prohibited along with any hazardous materials. The cleanup is held behind the township road department’s building.
• Authorized paying bills as of Aug. 10 in the amount of $125,210.
• Scheduled trick or treat for 3 to 5 p.m. Oct. 31, but is subject to cancellation or change depending on the health department or Gov. Mike DeWine’s orders.
• Approved having some low hanging trees trimmed in Greenlawn Cemetery by Haymaker Tree and Lawn at a cost of $4,500.
• Authorized the township to enter into an agreement with a neighboring property owner who has a tree encroaching onto Greenlawn Cemetery. The agreement is that the township can trim the tree. The trustees also approved Haymaker Tree and Lawn to trim the tree at a cost of $875.
• Authorized purchasing ANSI Class 3 compliant shirts for the road department employees from Beatty’s Sports at a cost of $2,190.
• Authorized upgrading audiovisual equipment at the township hall by Norlson, Inc. at a cost of $17,314
• Approved Baker Dublikar Attorneys at Law to assist presenting the township in a potential zoning litigation matter.
UP NEXT: Meets 5 p.m. Aug. 24 at Township Hall also broadcast live on Facebook.