Stark County area calendar of events
• From 6 to 9 p.m. every Friday and Saturday night through February see downtown Canton in a whole new light during Illumination. It is an outdoor visual experience throughout a variety of downtown destinations. Sign up for an Illumination Path Passport at explore.visitcanton.com.
• Children in grades K-12 can submit original art and or video works to the Jackson Library through Feb. 26. Show in your artwork how you spread kindness throughout your school, neighborhood or community. Visit http://bit.ly/kindness21 to submit original artwork that can be photographed or scanned and submitted. Include student and school information. The submission includes a media release for parent/guardian to complete. For more information visit www.starklibrary.org or call 740-286-4111.
• The Massillon Museum will exhibit artwork by area school children through March 7 with a Celebration in Art. The Aultman Health Foundation Gallery glows with color, imagination, and many more works of art than it usually displays. Art teachers in all schools within and surrounding Massillon have been invited to submit artwork by their students from kindergarten through high school.
• Now through March 21, "My Community: Through the Eyes of the 21st-Century African American Child" is open in the Fred F. Silk Community Room at the Massillon Musuem, 121 Lincoln Way E. The photography exhibition is by fifth- to eighth-grade students. Also on display is "Massillon’s Pro and Semi-Pro Teams, 1890–1926," is on display in the Paul Brown Museum. Exhibitions may be seen from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and from 2 to 5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, call 330-833-4061 or visit massillonmuseum.org.
• From 6 until 7 p.m., the Massillon Public Library Technology Department will host a live online Zoom class on “Home Network Basics.” What’s the difference between a router and a modem? How fast is my internet? Registration is required. A Zoom invitation will be emailed to registered participants on the day of the program. For more information about the program, contact 330-832-9831, ext. 344. To register for this free Zoom program for adults, visit our website at www.massillonlibrary.org.