LAKE TWP. During its regular meeting on April 13, which was broadcast on Facebook Live, the Lake Township Board of Trustees voted to open the yard waste site on April 23.
Board President Steve Miller said they were uncertain how the Stay at Home order would affect daily lives.
Trustees have since decided they can keep the site open regular days and hours and closed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as long as only Lake Township residents use the site and that everyone observes the required social distancing rules.
Trustee John Arnold said there are video cameras at the sight and the township will monitor activities at the side to make sure everyone is being respectful and practicing social distancing.
“We may have to close it again if it gets out of control or people are not maintaining social distancing,” Miller said.
• Authorized paying bills as of April 13 in the amount of $973,957.
• Approved the removal of trees. The trees are located on Hoover Avenue and will be removed by Haymaker Tree and Lawn at cost of $2,475 which includes removal, stump grinding and cleanup.
• Renewed an agreement with Protech Security for 36 months with no raise in rates.
• Approved the purchase of a 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe for the Uniontown Police Department from Schoner Chevrolet at a cost of $37,415.
• Approved the purchase of a 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid for the Uniontown Police Department from Lebanon Ford at a cost of $38,452.
• Purchased MDT and mounting equipment for the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe the Ford Explorer from MobileTEK Consulting for a cost of $11,006 for both.
• Purchased a Stalker Dual Radar Systems for the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe and 2020 Ford Explorer from Stalker Radar/Applied Concepts, Inc. at a cost of $3,590 for both.
• Approved the purchase from Hall Public Safety Upfitters for the upfitting of the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe for $13,939 and approved the purchase from Hall Public Safety Upfitters for the upfitting of the 2020 Ford Explorer for $13,962.
• Approved the purchase of decals for both the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe and the Ford Explorer for a combined total of $3,000.
• Reappointed Bob Sanderson as a member of the Lake Township Board of Zoning Appeals effective immediately through Dec. 11, 2022.
• Implemented the Families First Coronavirus Response Act for sick leave per requirements.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. April 27 at Township Hall