JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on March 24, the Jackson Township Board of Trustees held its meeting for the public via Facebook Live.
The Public Works Department opened two bids for the 2020 resurfacing project and four bids for the 2020 curbing project.
The bids for the resurfacing ranged from $1.2 million to close to $1.3 million. Bids for the curbing project ranges from $137,381 to $174,511.
Trustees President Todd Hawke asked the director of the Public Works Department to review all of the bids and to bring back to the board the lowest and best bid for both projects for approval.
• Authorized the design of the North Park amphitheater parking lot project by the architect SoL Harris/Day.
• Authorized advertising for bids for the paving of the North Park Amphitheater parking lot project.
• Approved updating telephone software for $8,016.
• Accepted a Community Celebration of $100 from Robert Fay.
• Accepted the oath of office from of part-time firefighter/paramedic Shiloh N. Bailey. She was hired at the March 10 meeting at $18 an hour.
• Paid bills in the amount of $661,498.
• Went into executive session to discuss employment related topics.