JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on Feb. 25, the Jackson Township Board of Trustees approved raising the wage of three temporary leased workers. Two received $1 an hour raise from $11 to $12 and from $15 to $16. A third received a 50 cent raise from $10.50 to $11 an hour.
• Heard from Justin Hardesty from the Jackson Local Schools Foundation about the 2020 Polar Bear Plunge. He thanked the township for its support. Hardesty also said the next Polar Bear Plunge is scheduled for Feb. 6, 2021.
• Approved rules and regulations for the 2020 Farmer’s Market which opens from July to October. The location in North Park will be announced at a later date. There was one rule change where the park supervisor can release a vendor to leave before the market ends if that vendor has sold out.
• Approved advertising for bids for the curbing and resurfacing projects for 2020.
• Approved a 2020 GMC 1,500 truck purchase for the highway department from Toth Buick GMC at a cost of $26,083.
• Accepted the following Community Celebration 2020 sponsorships: $1,500 from Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce and $500 from Southeaster Equipment Co., Inc.
• Paid bills in the amount of $1.5 million
UP NEXT: Meets 5 p.m. March 10 at the Township Hall.