COVENTRY TWP. Several students in the Coventry Loal School District who attend St. Vincent-St. Mary High School or Our Lady of the Elms School will have to find a different form of transportation.
During the Aug. 14 school board meeting, Superintendent Lisa Blough said the district used to partner with Manchester Local Schools, which provided the bus to transport these students.
She said the bus would pick up students in Manchester and then stop in Coventry before going to the two schools.
Blough said several families are effected and about seven kids are impacted.
She said it is an unfortunate situation that Manchester is no longer partnering with the district.
Manchester Local Schools Superintendent James Robinson said the reason behind the decision is financial.
In other business Aug. 14, the board:
- Approved supplemental coaching contracts for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approved to update the job description for middle school assistant principal to add more days to the contract.
- Approved a contract with Reliable Snow Plowing Specialists for snow removal.
- Approved a contract with Total Education Solutions.
- Approved the bus stops for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approved the course of study for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approved the breakfast programs for all buildings.
- Entered executive session for personnel with no action taken.
The next Coventry Local Schools board meeting will be 6 p.m. Sept. 18 at Coventry Elementary School.