LAKE TWP. Lake Local Schools Superintendent Kevin Tobin gave the district's Board of Education a building project update during the May 20 meeting, stating it is nearing completion.
Tobin said that Phase 4, which includes the Market Avenue section of the middle/high school, should be complete by Aug. 1. He said that there will also be part of the high school that will be renovated during the summer.
“The entire project should be complete by Aug. 1,” Tobin said. “The project is six months ahead of schedule. The only thing that may take until early September will be some site work or landscaping. The new middle school parking lot my take until September as well.
- Approved sending the revised five-year forecast to the Ohio Department of Education as required.
- Approved a list of coaches for the 2019-20 school year for middle and high school sports and cheerleading.
- Accepted two donations including $50 each from Bruce and Pam Hickinbotham and Roger and Shari Rodocker to the Kyle Donaldson Memorial Scholarship.
- Approved student fees for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approved student handbooks for the 2019-20 school year for all schools, athletics and high school band.
- Authorized several overnight field trips including grade 6 to YMCA Camp Y-Noah in October; grade 7 to Washington, D.C., in November; grade 8 to Philadelphia/Gettysburg in March, 2020; grade 9 to New York City in February, 2020; grades 11 and 12 AP classes to Washington, D.C., in November.
UP NEXT: Meets 7:30 p.m. on June 17 at Lake Elementary School.