NEW FRANKLIN Manchester Local Schools are already looking toward the 2019-20 school year.
During the April 16 board meeting, the Board of Education approved several agreements including an agreement with the Summit County Educational Service Center, a School Building Lease Agreement with the Summit Educational Service Center and an agreement with the Lake County Educational Service Center Governing Board.
In addition, the board approved to continue a membership with the Ohio High School Athletic Association, approved a service agreement between Manchester and PSI Affiliates Inc/PSI Associates Inc. and a service agreement with LLA Therapy.
In other business April 16, the board:
- Approved to create a new fund for the Larry Gwinn donation.
- Approved a certified continuing contract for Chelsea Truax.
- Approved several classified two-year contracts, several classified continuing contracts, a classified nonrenewal, several supplemental appointments and one supplemental resignation.
- Accepted a $193 donation from Menches Brothers for the drama club, $1,500 from the Larry Gwinn family for Nolley and middle school students in need, $330 from the middle school PTA for the fifth grade field trip, $150 from the middle school PTA for eighth grade service day lunch, $300 from Winters' Family Cont. Spec. LLC to middle school track, $309 from the middle school PTA for the seventh grade field trip and $166 from Menches Brothers for the drama club.
- Announced kindergarten orientation took place April 4 and so far the district has about 70 children enrolled. Children must be five on or before Sept. 30 to enroll. Screening by appointment only will take place Aug. 8.
- Announced the Senior Awards will be at 7 p.m. May 1 in the high school gym.
- Heard from Superintendent James Robinson that the district is still working on making a decision in regards to moving forward with a facilities plan. He said what the district decides on will be announced at the May meeting.
The next Manchester Schools board meeting is at 6:30 p.m. May 21 at the Administration Building, 6075 Manchester Road.