LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on April 8, the Lake Township Board of Trustees approved hiring Bryna A. Bell as an auxiliary part-time officer for the Uniontown Police Department.
Trustee President Jeremy Yoder said Bell will be paid $15 an an hour. She has already passed most of the required testing and her hiring and effective date is contingent upon taking and passing a mandatory drug test.
- Authorized paying bills as of April 8 in the amount of $1.2 million.
- Purchased 230 tons of salt from Canton Township at a total cost of $15,691. Canton Township was storing 260 tons of salt at Lake’s facility and has agreed to give Lake Township 30 tons of salt for storage costs and Lake Township will purchase the remaining 230 tons.
- Approved several purchases for the Uniontown Police Department, including three Toughbook computers from Mobile Depot at a cost of $6,447; purchase and installation of a prisoner cage from Hall Public Safety for the department’s Chevy Tahoe for $1,686; purchase and installation of lights and other equipment for the two 2019 Ford Explorer SUVs at a cost of $25,391; purchase of new radio mic holds from Hall Public Safety at a cost of $279.
- Authorized sharing the cost of the restoration phase of the Jamestown Allotment Off-Road Drainage Project with the Stark County Commissioners. The township’s share is $6,900.
- Announced an Issue 3 Midway Community Park meeting from 6:30 to 8 p.m., April 19 at the Uniontown Fire Department at 13055 Oakwood Ave. NW.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. April 22 at Township Hall