JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on April 9, the Jackson Township Trustees awarded the 2019 curbing project to T.R. Snyder Inc. for $149,481. The trustees said they received three bids for the project and T.R. Snyder was the lowest and best bid.
- Swore in two new part-time police officers, Nathan J. Henry and Mark J. Flynn, effective April 13 at $20 an hour.
- Approved a five-year Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Stark Soil & Water Conservation District.
- Authorized the purchase of a tractor and boom mower from Akron Tractor & Equipment, Inc. for a cost of $124,203.
- Accepted two Community Celebration sponsorship donations including $500 from Community One Credit Union and $100 from T.R. Snyder Construction, Inc.
- Accepted a donation $100 from Randy and Julie Gonzalez for the Parks Department in memory of Raymond Ruwadi.
- Accepted a donation of gift cards from Buehler’s and Starbucks in the amounts of $100 and $80 respectively for the fire department from Martha McEwen.
- Paid bills in the amount of $886, 772.
- Approved conditional hiring of four full-time firefighters/paramedics including: Adam Haas, Chad Wackerly, Mark Miller and Myron Shoup. Hiring is conditional upon passing all required testing.
- Opened four bids for the 2019 striping project including Oglesby Construction at $49,241; A & A Safety Inc. for $38,921; Dura Mark Inc. for $48,074 and J.D. Striping Services Inc. at $39,004.
- Opened four bids for the 2019 township parking lots resurfacing project including: Chagrin Valley Paving at $146,596; Northstar Asphalt for $149,379; Cardinal Asphalt for $161,511 and Superior Paving for $150, 262.
REMINDER: The Annual Fishing Derby is scheduled for 8 to 11 a.m., May 4 at Jackson North Park pond. It’s a free event but registration is required by May 1.
UP NEXT: Meets 5 p.m. April 23 at the Township Hall.