JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Township Board of Trustees approved a rezoning request by North Canton-based DeHoff Development for property at Marketplace at Nobles Pond retail center on Nov. 27 following a public hearing on the matter.
The request is to rezone B-1 Suburban Office & Limited Business District to B-2 Neighborhood Business District for approximately 4.86 acres of a 10.32 acre tract at 7042 Fulton Drive, which is the south side of the street.
The Stark County Regional Planning Commission and the Jackson Township Zoning Commission recommended to rezone the acreage.
A representative from DeHoff Development said that the company would like to build a 3,200 square foot retail building on the site which is between the Goddard School and KeyBank. The building plans call for it to have the same look and feel as other buildings in the Nobles Pond Plaza.
No one spoke against the zoning. All three trustees voted to approve stating that the proposed building would be a nice addition to the area.
- Approved a RED Center Right of Entry and Site Lease agreement with Agile Networks as part of the MARCS radio system.
- Held three public hearings for three Joint Economic Development Districts (JEDD) for Stark State College, Fitzpatrick Properties and Stolle Machinery to increase the income tax from two percent to 2.5 percent because of the recent increase to Canton’s income tax. According to the JEDD agreements, the township and the city of Canton evenly split the income taxes (1.25 percent each) collected at those locations.
- Approved replacing playground equipment in North Park. The cost of replacing all of the equipment will be $143,204. The township will pay $59,253 and the remainder will be paid through a grant from GameTime, a commercial playground equipment manufacturer.
- Approved purchasing a Unitized Air System for the fire department for $50,012. The department received an Assistance to Firefighter’s Grant (AFG) for $46,064 for the purchase and the township has to provide a 10 percent match to receive the grant.
- Approved a purchase of a new pump engine fire truck from Sutphen Fire Truck Manufacturers in Columbus at a cost of $483,711. The truck will be purchased before the end of the year with delivery late 2019.
- Paid bills in the amount of $782,047.
- Authorized sending a letter to Aqua Ohio stating the township’s intention to build a road between Everhard and Dressler Roads on the Tam O’Shanter property and requesting that water lines be run, and fire hydrants be installed in the area.
- Santa’s Mailbox is located at the front entrance of the Township Administrative Building on Wales Avenue. It will be available until Dec. 15.
- The annual Holiday in the Park is scheduled at North Park is from 5-7 p.m. on Dec. 8
UP NEXT: Meets 5 p.m. Dec. 11 at Township Hall.