LAKE TWP. The Lake Township Board of Trustees agreed to reduce the weight limit on Lake Township streets by 25 percent.
Trustees agreed to a request from the Stark County Engineer to reduce the weight on township roads during times of thawing and moisture. President John Arnold said the reduction will remain in effect from Jan. 1, 2019 through May 1, 2019.
- Authorized paying bills as of Nov. 26 in the amount of $28,085.
- Reappointed Matt Erb to the Lake Township Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Hired Chris Lucchessi as an auxiliary road department employee at an hourly rate of $12 an hour, conditional upon passing a drug test.
- Approved the purchase of a 2019 Chevrolet 1-Ton truck for the road department from Schoner Chevrolet at a final cost of $32,345 after a trade-in allowance of $2,500 and a discount of $8,900 through the state cooperative purchasing.
- Accepted the resignation of Tim McAleese, effective immediately, as auxiliary officer at the Uniontown Police Department.
- Voted to request a hearing for a liquor license application made by Dolgen Midwest, LLC DBA Dollar General Store at 13229 Cleveland Ave. in Uniontown.
- Authorized the removal of 22 trees and stumps along the northern property line at Mt. Peace Cemetery at a cost of $2,750.
- Approved the purchase of one additional door for the Uniontown Police Department at a cost of $1,321 from Hartville Hardware.
- Approved the Multi-Agency Radio Communication System (MARCS) radio service subscription agreement. Arnold said the Stark County Commissioners will pay the subscription fees for the first four years.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. Dec. 10 at Township Hall.