LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on Oct. 22, the Lake Township Board of Trustees passed a resolution for Right of First Refusal to enter into a real estate purchase agreement for 38 acres of vacant land adjacent to the Lake Township Road Department on Midway Street. The agreement is contingent upon passing a park levy.
Trustee Jeremy Yoder said the township would like to buy the land and design and build a community park that would include baseball and soccer fields, restrooms and concessions, walking paths and playground equipment.
The trustees would like to have the park designed and budgeted by January 2019 so that they can place a park levy on the May 2019 election ballot. If the levy passes, the trustees would purchase the land at $10,000 an acre for a total of $380,000.
If the levy fails, Yoder said trustees would have to revisit purchasing the land.
"We’ll determine the millage for the levy after we get the park designed and budgeted," Yoder said. "We hope to build a top-notch park for the township that meets the needs of all ages from youth to young families to seniors."
- Authorized paying bills as of Oct. 22 in the amount of $64,713.
- Approved purchasing new furniture for the Uniontown Police Department from Office Solutions at a cost of $9,984.
- Authorized two separate resolutions for Phase 2 of the Jamestown Village No. 2 Allotment's joint off road drainage project, including one for $4,750 for removal of trees by Haymaker Tree & Lawn and a second resolution for up to $5,000 for materials such as gravel and fittings. Both resolutions will be paid from the Road and Bridge budget.
- Authorized $2,671 for replacement tires and rim repairs on the Ford mowing tractor and Eager Beaver 3-axle trailer from Ziegler Tire.
- Approved an agreement with Quality Landscaping for cemetery lawn mowing and grounds maintenance. The cost of the contract was not available, but Trustee John Arnold said the cost remains the same as last year.
- Approved $1,990 to remove shrubs and small trees from four cemeteries and $1,255 to remove weeds from the fence lines at the cemeteries with work done by Quality Landscaping.
- Approved up to $1,700 for Aero Mark Inc. for striping Mt. Pleasant Street from Cleveland Avenue to the Jackson Township border.
- Approved $4,110 for repairs to the International dump truck by North Canton Truck Center.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. Nov. 12 at Township Hall.