The 11th Annual Summit Senior Expo will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Summit Mall. The free event will feature a variety of free activities including a prize wheel, welcome bags, health screenings, Bingo and the Price is Right game shows. Exhibits will provide information on healthcare, senior living, financial planning, home improvement, retirement, recreational activities, insurance and a wide variety of other services. Health screenings including glucose and blood pressure testing, will be offered and flu vaccines are $30 each or free for patients covered by Medicare Part B, Medicare Advantage Plans and most insurances. For more information contact Event Day Marketing at 330-556-9974.
- Ohio native and Nashville singer/songwriter Mark Leach will be celebrating his next album release with a show at 7 p.m. at Goodyear Theatre, 1201 E. Market Street. The show will highlight Leach’s newest album release, including fan favorite and summer anthem, "Back Porch Vacation" as well as other hits including "I Come from Ohio" and "She Don’t go to Church." To order tickets, www.ticketfly.com/event/1737516-mark-leach-akron/
- Celebrate the lives of all who have fought the battle against breast cancer and help raise awareness for the importance of education, screening and early detection of breast cancer with "Paint the Park Pink" from 10 a.m. to noon at Lock 3 at 200 S. Main Street. Visit Lock3live.com for a list of events. LockNext, located on Main Street at Lock 3, between Oct. 2 and 5 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. to purchase muffins prior to the event to support Akron General’s Muffins for mammograms.
- Paddle the Cuyahoga River from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 3 p.m. at the Gorge to see towering rock ledges and breathtaking scenery from your kayak. Minimum age is 13; ages 13 to 17 must be with an adult participant. Participants must wear closed-toe shoes and be able to swim. Bring water, sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses and wear clothes that can get wet. Fee includes instruction and loan of kayak, paddle and life jacket. The cost is $15 per person and registration is required at summitmetroparks.org. For information, call 330-865-8065. The park is located at 1160 Front Street.
- Akron has been chosen to welcome the nationally renowned Public Theatre Mobile Unit for a free staging of Sweat in Kenmore’s Masonic Temple. From 6 to 9 p.m., the Public Theater Mobile Unit will be at Kenmore’s Masonic Temple, 1009 Kenmore Blvd. Tickets are free, seats are limited and can be reserved by visiting sweatkenmore.eventbrite.com.
- The Springfield/Lakemore Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Business and Consumer Expo on from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Springfield High School. The cost per table is $75 for non-chamber members, $50 for any local chamber members and $25 for non-profits. A few vendor spots are available. If interested register soon. The chamber is also looking for sponsors with a cost per sponsor level of Platinum Sponsor, $500, Gold Sponsor, $300, Silver Sponsor, $200 and Bronze Sponsor, $100. Contact Natalie Mitchell at 330-730-3355 or Rich Cole at 330-414-5258 by text and include your name and the name of your business.
- The October meeting for the Springfield Township Women’s Club will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Senior/Community Center on Springfield Lake. Members and guests will be wrapping up the details of the upcoming Autumn Craft Bazaar which will be held Nov. 3 at Springfield High School. For more information on the club visit Springfield Township Women’s Club on Facebook or email email@example.com.
The Akron Area Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is holding a luncheon at 11:30 a.m. The luncheon will feature Chief of Staff and Vice President of Communications for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Pete Fierle. The general public is invited to attend the luncheon. Attendees can reserve a seat by registering online atwww.akronprsa.org/events or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Akron Symphony Guild will hold OKTOBERFEST 2018 at 6 p.m. at the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company at 529 Grant Street. Guests will be able to taste Thirsty Dog’s renowned brews and feast on traditional German foods, while enjoying German-themed music by the Akron Symphony’s Steve Ostrow. Party-goers can purchase raffle tickets to win a "’Barrow of Booze", an overflowing wheelbarrow and its contents of liquor, wine, beer and party supplies. The raffle tickets are $10 each or 3 tickets for $25. Tickets will also be pre-sold by Akron Symphony Guild members or at akronsymphony.org. The winner need not be present to win.
- The Friends of Portage Lakes Library book sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the library, 4261 Manchester Road. The event is free and open to the public with hundreds of volumes. There will be a members-only pre-sale from 9 to 10 a.m. prior to public sale; become a Friend at the door for $5. The bag sale runs all day, fill a bag for $5. Proceeds benefit library programs. Note: No scanners. For info call the library, 330-644-7050.
- Join Cleveland Clinic Akron General in supporting a healthier lifestyle at the Cleveland Clinic Akron General Wellness Fair and Community Day at Akron General Health and Wellness Center, Green, 1940 Town Park Blvd. The event has activities for any age and is between the hours of 8:30 and 11:30 a.m. For more details, visit www.akrongeneral.org/wellnessfair or call 330-665-8175.