- Singing the Hits will be performed by Chorus with a Cause at 7 p.m. in Hartville at Advent Lutheran Church. Tickets are $15 and are available at the door, from chorus members or at www.achorusforacause.org.
- The Lake Community Branch will hold American Girl Doll-Grace from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Singing the Hits will be performed by Chorus with a Cause at 4 p.m. in North Canton at St. Paul's Catholic Church. Tickets are $15 and are available at the door, from any chorus member, or at www.achorusforacause.org.
- From 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., at the Lake Community Branch Library, 565 Market Ave. SW, Abbe Turner, owner of Lucky Penny Farm in Kent, shares her artisan cheeses and award-winning Cajeta. Abbe has her own herd of goats and controls the entire process from pasture to plate. For more information, call 330-877-9975.
- At 1 p.m., the Massillon Local History and Genealogy Society of the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way W., presents Massillon Theatres of Stage and Screen, with guest speaker Mandy Altimus Stahl. Come hear about early film theatres and theatre troops from this area, plus some heartwarming stories and scandal. No registration required and the program is free. For more information, contact email@example.com or call 330-832-9831, ext. 350.
- Stop at the Massillon Museum after work from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. for the MassMu’s History Happy Hour. The event is free and open to the public. No reservations are necessary. Beer and wine will be available for purchase. Dr. Will Cooley, Professor of History, will present: "I would rather be a free soul in jail than a coward in the streets: Eugene Debs and the Great War." The program complements the Moniker: Identity Lost and Found exhibition, which guests will be able to view in the main gallery before and after the presentation. The Massillon Museum is located at 121 Lincoln Way East (Ohio 172), in downtown Massillon. For more information, call 330-833-4061 or visit www.massillonmuseum.org.
- Law enforcement and IT professionals as well as students, faculty and HTCIA members in Stark and Summit counties are invited to attend a free cyber security seminar at Stark State College. The event begins at 8:30 a.m. in Room M100 of the Business and Entrepreneurial Center, 6200 Frank Ave. NW. Seating is limited. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The seminar is hosted by the Stark State College and the Ohio chapter of the High Technology Crime Investigation Association.
- The Massillon Museum, 121 Lincoln Way E., is offering a six-week series of lunchtime yoga sessions for all ages on Fridays from noon to 12:45 p.m. No registration is necessary. Payment is due at the time of each class ($6 per class or $15 for a bundle of three). The class is beginner friendly and welcomes all levels of participants. Call 330-833-4061 or visit massillonmuseum.org for more information.
- The Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Computer Basics at 2 p.m. Attendees will learn how to use a computer, then practice using a mouse and keyboard. No previous experience needed. The class is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext 327.
- From noon to 2 p.m., participants at the Massillon Museum, 121 Lincoln Way E., will learn how to apply scary makeup to transform themselves into zombies for Massillon’s annual Zombie Walk and for Halloween. There is no charge and all materials are supplied. For more information, call the Museum at 330-833-4061 or visit massillonmuseum.org.
- Pregnancy Choices will host the 2018 Walk for Life — #BeyondTheWalk — from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Walsh University, 2020 E. Maple St., North Canton. Register at www.pcPartnersForLife.com. There will also be a fun run, kids run, bake sale, food raffle baskets, kids zone, prayer tent and more. Bring blankets and chairs for listening to music. Online registration is available at www.pcPartnersForLife.com, or contact Amy Zelle at 330-455-7500, ext. 205.
- The Canton Artists League presents Artistic Medley at the First Row Centre for the Arts, 3140 State St. NW, Greentown. A reception will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. to kick off the event. The works of art will be on display through Jan. 3.
Single Seniors will hold a luncheon at noon at Little Italian Kitchen, 5730 Fulton Drive NW (near Winking Lizard). Reservations are required and participants pay for their own meals. Call Norma at 330-452-5889.
- At 6 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Internet Basics an introduction to navigating the Internet and World Wide Web and an explanation and demonstration of the popular web browsers. Prerequisites are experience using a computer mouse, keyboard, and Windows. The class is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.