JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on Sept. 11, the Jackson Township Board of Trustees approved a negotiated agreement with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Ohio Labor Council for sergeants in the Jackson Township Police Department.
Township Administrator Michael Vaccaro said it is a three-year agreement is effective Sept. 1, 2018 through Aug. 31, 2021. Employees included in the contract will receive a 4-percent pay raise the first year, 3-percent pay raise in the second year and a 2-percent increase in the third year.
Vaccaro also said that employees will be contributing 5 percent more to their healthcare during the life of the contract.
- Appointed Ashley M. Gross as secretary of the Police Department, conditional upon completion of all required background checks and testing.
- Set Trick-or-Treat for 3-5 p.m., Oct. 28.
- Approved the purchase of a Case rubber-tire backhoe loader $104,194 from Southeastern Equipment Company.
- Paid bills in the amount of $1.4 million.
- Announced National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sept. 22 at the Jackson Police Department.
UP NEXT: Meets 5 p.m. Sept. 25 at Township Hall.