LAKEMORE Lakemore Village Council approved a resolution accepting bid proposals from S and K Asphalt to perform roadway repaving and drainage work for Church Street and Lakeside Drive during its July 16 meeting.
The legislation was first introduced May 21, read for a second time June 4 and read for a third time June 18 where it was tabled. Councilman Sam Ray said they tabled the legislation because they wanted the company to fix a couple of areas.
"They were very quick to do the work." Ray said.
Ray made the motion to adopt the resolution. Council amended the resolution to show an $800 decrease in the cost of the paving of the police lot from $4,800 to $4,000.
The projects to be completed through the legislation include:
- Resurface 22,932 square feet of Church Street for $30,000
- Install new drain basin at Lakeside Drive for $3,500
- Resurface 43,500 square feet of Lakeside Drive for $44,000
- Replace culvert pipe on Lakeside Drive for $3,600
- Install asphalt approaches for $1,550
- Pave area in front of police garage for $4,000
Mayor Rick Justice reported during the meeting that the Plaza Drive work would be starting July 17. The company has an Aug. 3 deadline to have the project completed.
- A resolution authorizing the mayor and fiscal officer to apply for funding with Akron Summit County Energy Special Improvement District to replace exterior lighting at the Municipal Building and the Police Department. The loan will be repaid over a selected term via an annual assessment on the property tax bill. By approving the resolution, the village is qualified as a community for commercial and industrial property owners to seek similar funding for energy efficient upgrades. Justice said it is a great plan for a place like the plaza or any business owner to use to upgrade energy related projects as it is billed as an assessment collected by the county. Anything that relates to energy efficiency village commercial entities can take advantage of this program.
- A resolution accepting the resignation of Brouse McDowall, Irving B. Sugerman and Laura F. Fryan as village solicitors as of July 31.
- A resolution declaring the official intent and reasonable expectation of the village to receive a reimbursement for the project named "2018 Sanitarium Road Water Main Improvement Phase II" with the proceeds of bonds to be issued by the State of Ohio.
- On Aug. 11, a K run and walk will be held by Forever Fitness 24 to support Autism Run at Lakemore Plaza beginning at 9 a.m. To register, visit https://runsignup.com/Race/OH/Akron/ForeverFitness24RunningForAutism
- Frank Chenowith and Angella Faucet of Cable Channel 1023 presented Councilwoman Anne Snyder with a George Erwin painting prior to the meeting. Erwin does a step-by-step painting demonstration on channel 1023 and previously presented the painting to the Cable Board and Channel 1023. Snyder hung the painting in a predominant place near the front door of the Municipal Building.
Next council meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Aug. 6 at the Municipal Building.