NEW FRANKLIN While summer break for children is in full swing, Manchester Local Schools is preparing for next school year.
During the June 28 board meeting, the board approved several contracts, including one with Pizza Hut to be the pizza supplier for the district, Borden Dairyman for milk and Nickles Bakery for bread.
The board also approved agreements with United Disability Services, KRG Educational Services Inc., Northeast Ohio Network for Educational Technology and with Summa Health System for athletic trainer services.
Superintendent James Robinson said the district has worked with Summa in the past to have a trainer in the district at no cost. The only cost comes when a concussion test has to be run.
In other business June 28, the board:
- Approved the final appropriations for the fiscal year 2018.
- Approved the resignation of Kathy Fulk as the director of food service. Shannon Belcher will be taking over the position. Robinson said Fulk will be missed and Belcher will work out well in the position.
- Approved the retirement of Darlene Hogan, a seventh grade teacher at the middle school. Robinson said she will be missed.
- Approved the eighth grade class trip to Washington, D.C./Gettysburg, Pa., for the 2018-19 school year for the dates of May 8-10.
- Approved the varsity volleyball team attending an overnight camp at Muskingum University July 28 and July 29.
- Approved for the high school girls soccer team’s overnight camp at Cleveland State University July 10 through July 12.
- Accepted several donations for the district and had several first and second readings of policy changes or new policies.
UP NEXT The next Manchester Schools board meeting is set for 5 p.m. July 24 at the Administration Building, 6075 Manchester Road.