LAKEMORE Village Council members tabled a resolution for the second time that would allow for work to begin on additional road paving and drainage projects slated to be completed this year.
The legislation was tabled during the July 1 meeting. Councilman Sam Ray moved to have the legislation tabled until the exact price was determined for the work that is to take place. Once that amount is in place, Ray said he would vote for the legislation. In a 4-1 vote, with Councilman Chad Lance voting against tabling the legislation, the resolution was tabled.
The work to be done by S and K Asphalt and Concrete stated in the resolution is:
- Resurface 22,932 square feet of Church Street, $30,000
- Install new drain basin at Lakeside Drive, $3,500
- Resurface 43,500 square feet of Lakeside Drive, $44,000
- Replace culvert pipe on Lakeside Drive, $3,600
- Install asphalt approaches, $1,550
- Pave area in front of police garage, $4,800
In other business:
- During the short meeting, legislation to hire Christopher Alderman as a full-time laborer for the village Department of Public Services was approved, dispensing with the three reads. Alderman will earn $15.35 per hour and will be eligible for all full-time benefits after the required probationary period.
- Council approved an emergency resolution authorizing the mayor and the fire chief to hire Ross Harmon, James Chapman, Aaron Hoxworth and Vincent Sferra as probationary firefighter/paramedics for the Lakemore Fire Department.
The next regular council meeting will be held at 7 p.m. July 16, at the Municipal Building, 1400 Main Street.