LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on June 25, the Lake Township Trustees authorized sending the 1.25-mill road renewal levy to the county auditor to certify the amount generated in preparation for putting it on the November ballot.
President John Arnold said that this is a renewal levy and that, "There will be no new taxes associated with the levy, it won’t generate any additional money and it won’t cost taxpayers any more than they are currently paying."
- Authorized paying bills as of June 25 in the amount of $122,027.
- Approved Quality Landscape Services for landscape maintenance work at the Uniontown Police Department.
- Authorized $15 a night toward lodging for Uniontown Police Chief Michael Batchik to attend a one-week New Chiefs Training at the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy in London, Ohio.
- Approved a one-time payment of $20,468 to the Stark County Schools Council of Governments to qualify township employees for premium holidays and healthcare benefits. Arnold said the township gets its healthcare through this organization and this buy-in will save the township $100,000 on the cost of healthcare benefits.
- Authorized the purchase of 60 feet of 30-inch pipe for the Nimishillen Church Road drainage project from Marlboro Supply at a cost of $2,061.
- Approved hiring a new full-time police officer for the Uniontown Police Department. Effective July 1, 2018, David Picard will be a full-time officer at a pay rate of $20 per hour.
- Approved hiring a reserve officer, Tyler Boiarski, at $18 an hour effective July 1, 2018. Boiarski worked at Uniontown Police Department previously.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. June 9 at Township Hall.