LAKE TWP. Approved a contract with FieldTurf USA for artificial turf replacement at Lake Blue Streak Stadium.
The purchase is through the cooperative purchasing program at a cost of approximately $300,000. Superintendent Kevin Tobin said the current turf is 11 years old.
"When we put in the original turf, we set up a special account to prepare for the replacement cost," Tobin said. "They should start installing the new turf within the next two weeks.
- Approved participating in the Stark County Schools Council of Government Cooperative to advertise and receive bids for school buses.
- Accepted a 2006 Isuzu box truck valued at $9,000 from Pat Eaton in Uniontown.
- Approved athletic activity fees which are payable once a year as follows: Grades 7-8 athletics, $100; grades 9-12, $150. There is a three student cap for families with more than three children in activities each year.
- Approved one-year, limited contracts for the 2018-19 school year pending all appropriate credentials being submitted to the administrative office for Mitchell R. Spotleson for eighth-grade math and Joseph M. Trego for Health, both teachers will be at Lake Middle and Lake High School.
- Approved a one-year limited contract for a variety of personnel including guidance counselors, psychologists, media specialists, music, marching and jazz bands, technology integration, department heads, coaches grade level leaders, special education coordinators and more.
UP NEXT: Meet 7:30 p.m., July 16 at Lake Middle School, 511 Market Ave. SW