JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on June 26, Jackson Township Trustees approved a negotiated agreement with the Jackson Professional Firefighters, IAFF Local 2280, captains and firefighters.
Township Administrator Michael Vaccaro said it is a three-year agreement, effective Jan. 1, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2020. Employees included in the contract will receive a 4-percent pay raise this year, a 3-percent increase in 2019 and 2 percent in 2020.
Vaccaro also said that employees will be contributing five percent more to their healthcare going from 11 percent to 16 percent.
- Paid bills in the amount of $1.3 million.
- Rejected the bid received for the Amphitheater construction project from Cavanaugh Building company for $3.6 million, which is more than 10 percent of the engineers’ estimate for the project.
- Swore in Brandon M. Alger as a full-time patrol officer.
- Authorized the board to enter into an agreement with the Ohio Department of Transportation to widen State Route 687 (Fulton Road) from Governors Avenue to Brunnerdale Avenue.
- Accepted two donations for the parks division including $1,200 from Nations Baseball Tournament and $400 from Snell Concessions.
- Approved the construction of four tennis courts in North Park by Jackson Local Schools at their cost.
- Approved putting a 1-mill, five-year park renewal levy on the November Ballot. President Todd Hawk said there will be no new taxes because it is a renewal. It would begin in 2018 with collection starting in 2019 and goes through 2022.
- Approved $48,650 for an Engineering Inspection Services Agreement for the Strip Avenue extension.
- Authorized the zoning department to begin the process of removing two unsafe buildings at 4601 Crystal Lake. Hawke said the zoning inspector reviewed the buildings and notice was sent to the property owner.
UP NEXT: A special meeting is scheduled for 8:15 a.m., July 6 at Township Hall with the regular meeting scheduled for 5 p.m., July 10.