- At 2 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Computer Basics. During this class, attendees will learn how to use a computer, then practice using a mouse and keyboard. Additionally, they will hear about the hardware and software parts of a computer system. No previous experience needed. The class is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- The Walsh University’s Physical Therapy program will host the Eighth Annual Fit Family 5K Fun Run. Event registration is $30 for adults, $25 for Walsh alumni or student and $10 for the Kids’ Fun Run. Register online at www.walsh.edu/fit-family-5k. All proceeds will benefit the Walsh University Doctor of Physical Therapy Students by providing them with educational scholarships. Race begins at 9 a.m. Kids of all ages are welcome to participate in the .5 mile Fun Run (2 track laps) prior to the 5K race. On-site sign up and waiver is required and is limited to the first 50 children (inside the David Center).
- Kent State University at Stark invites the community to Global Gateway Day. Enjoy a family friendly summer afternoon filled with cultural performances, international food sampling, global games and activities for all ages. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Campus Center, 6000 Frank Ave. NW. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact 330-244-3579 or visit www.kent.edu/stark/global-gateway-day.
- Join Fieldcrest Estate for Father’s Day Brunch with seating available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is an afternoon full of vintage baseball out back on the lawn. Bring a lawn chair for the games. Reservations can be made by stopping in the welcome center or by calling 330-966-2222. Game times are 10 a.m. Akron Black Stockings vs. Canal Dover, 10 a.m. to noon Canal Dover vs Smithville and 2 p.m. Smithville vs Akron Black Stockings. Admission is free for the games. Cost for brunch is $22.95 for adults, $9 for children 4 to 12 and children is under 3 are free. Fieldcrest is located at 1346 Easthill Street SE.
- At 6 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., offers Microsoft 10 OneDrive with Cloud Storage. Attendees will learn how to manage online files and folders using Microsoft's Internet-based file-hosting service known as OneDrive. Microsoft Office Online Personal Edition will be demonstrated. Attendees will need a personal email address to sign up for a Microsoft account, unless the person only wants to watch the presentation. Prerequisites: Experience using a computer and accessing the internet. The class is free and registration is required by stopping at the library or calling 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- McDonaldsville St. Paul United Methodist Church, 7641 Wales Ave. NW, and Here For You Child Development Center are taking registrations for Bible School, Hero Central. It is an action-packed five-day super hero camp where kids discover their strength in God. The program will be held June 18 to 22 from 3 to 5:30 p.m. with a light meal for the entire family from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Attend all week or part of the week. The program is for kids ages 3 (potty trained) through grade 6. Pre-register by calling 330-499-6971 or at www.realhope.us.com or on opening day or any day of that week.
- The Aultman Medical Education and Education Development departments present a summer program designed for students who are interested in health care careers. The Summer Symposium is open to college students, 2018 high school graduates and high school students who will be seniors in fall of 2018. The symposium will be held from 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Aultman Education Center Amphitheater. To register or to download the informational brochure, visit www.aultman.org and click on the "2018 Careers in Health Care Summer Program" link under the Education tab at the top of the home page. The summer program is free to participants. For questions about the Summer Symposium or for more information, contact Maria Vaughn at 330-363-4936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At 11 a.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., presents Dixieland Quintet Concert as part of its 2018 Summer Reading Program "Libraries Rock!" Kids up to grade six are invited to come listen to the fun sounds of Dixieland music provided by the Massillon Community Dixieland Band. The program is free and no registration is required. Call 330-832-5037, or visit www.massillonlibrary.org for more information.
- Mercy Medical Center is hosting an event at 9 a.m. to help seniors choose the right Midicare Plan in the auditorium, 1320 Mercy Drive N.W. Guests can compare the cost, coverage and convenience of several Medicare Advantage Plans in one location. No reservations are required. Refreshments will be served. For more information call 330-489-1215. June 19
- The ABCs of Medicare will be presented by Debbie Banal of AultCare’s PrimeTime Health Plan at 6 p.m. at Aultman West, Door 3, 2051 Wales Ave. NW, Massillon. Learn what individuals need to know as they approach Medicare eligibility. This educational meeting will help attendees and their loved ones navigate through the Medicare network and prepare for tomorrow. For more information or to make reservations, call 234-231-9600 or sign up online at www.aultman.org/healthtalks.
- Effective Communication Strategies will be presented by Samantha Sayre at 6 p.m.at North Canton Medical Center, Entrance A, 6046 Whipple Ave. NW. As people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias progress in their journey and the ability to use words is lost, families need new ways to connect. Join Sayre to explore how to decode the verbal and behavioral messages delivered by someone with dementia and identify strategies to help you connect and communicate at each stage of the disease. For more information or to make reservations, call 234-231-9600 or sign up online at www.aultman.org/healthtalks.
A Medicare information talk will be held at 10 a.m. at the Massillon Senior Citizens Center, 39 Lincoln Way W. The program is free and no registration is required. The one-hour Medicare Information Talk and Q & A program will be led by Terri Gursky, Mercy’s Medicare specialist and Stark County OSHIIP coordinator. For more information call 330-489-1215.
- At 2 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Internet Basics. Attendees will hear an introduction to navigating the Internet and World Wide Web and an explanation and demonstration of the popular web browsers. Prerequisites: Experience using a computer mouse, keyboard, and Windows. The class is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- Family Camp Night will be held beginning at 3:30 p.m. with check in at Fieldcrest Estate, 1346 Easthill (55th) Street SE. The family fun night will have a campfire, food songs and games. The cost is $15 and registration is required. Call 330-966-2222 or visit www.fieldcrestestate.com.
- Country music star Rickey Lee will debut his new hit song and perform a concert on the lawn at The Tea House at Fieldcrest Estate, 1346 Easthill (55th) Street SE in North Canton. Flags of Freedom will have nearly 1,000 American Flags on display. There will be food trucks and drinks available for purchase. Music will play all day and giant lawn games and activities will be available for the entire family. It is a patriotic celebration, everything is dedicated to red, white and blue. Admission is $5 and includes the entire property. A portion of the proceeds from each admission will be donated back to Operation: Flags of Freedom.
- Single Seniors will hold a luncheon meeting at noon at LaPizzaria, 3656 Dressler Road. Participants pay for their own meal and reservations are required by calling Norma at 330-452-5889.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Minimally Invasive Treatment Options will be presented by Steven Ochs, M.D., at 6 p.m. at North Canton Medical Center, Entrance A, 6046 Whipple Ave. NW. He will discuss the UroLift system, a proven approach to BPH treatment that doesn’t require ongoing medication or major surgery. For more information or to make reservations, call 234-231-9600 or sign up online at www.aultman.org/healthtalks.
- The Ohio Small Business Development Center at Kent State University is sponsoring an information session for individuals interested in starting a small business or those who are in the early stages of business formation. The session will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Stark Conference Center, 6000 Frank Ave. NW in Jackson Township. There is a $10 fee per person for program materials. Registration and payment must be made online at www.cantonsbdc.org. For additional information, contact the SBDC at 330-244-3290 email@example.com. Register early, as this session will close one week prior to the event or when the session is full. Call 330-244-3290 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the Mercy Health Center of North Canton, 6200 Whipple Ave. NW, will have the state and local representatives from the Ohio Department of Insurance on-site to answer Medicare questions. Walk-ins are welcome. It is a free service and offers unbiased information and counseling to people covered by Medicare. For more information call 330-489-1215.
At 2 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Email Basics. Participants will learn to create their own free email account and send emails. Prerequisites: Experience using a computer and accessing the internet. The class is free and registration is required by stopping by or calling 330-832-9831, ext. 327.