LAKE TWP. During the regular meeting on April 9, Lake Township trustees approved a proposal to complete a FourSquare Market Study for distribution to residents in the Lake Township community.
The township is working with the Lake Community YMCA, Lake Local Schools and Gentlebrook to contract with FourSquare to conduct a survey of residents of Lake Township to gather input into what the community would like to see developed in area in the future.
Total cost of the survey is $26,000. The township’s portion is $6,500.
"A lot of work goes into the survey, but it will tell us what the community has an appetite for in the future," trustee Steven Miller said.
- Authorized paying bills as of April 9 in the amount of $730,620 with $684,493 going to the fire departments.
- Approved a written notice of retirement for Sgt. David White, effective on or before June 30, 2018.
- Authorized advertising for applications for the police chief position at Uniontown Police Department. Trustees President John Arnold said applications are available at the Administration Office on Market Avenue or at the Uniontown Police Department. The township will take applications for the position through 4:30 p.m., May 4.
- Authorized the staff to seek bids for a new motorized gate, safety photo eye(s) and additional cameras for the Yard Waste/Recycle Facility.
- Approved a purchase with iWorkQ Systems for the zoning department for a web-based zoning program at a cost of $4,000 annually which includes setup and data conversion.
- Rescheduled the May 28 regular meeting to 6:30 May 30 due to the Memorial Day holiday.
UP NEXT: Meets 6:30 p.m. April 23 at Township Hall.