JACKSON TWP. During the regular meeting on March 13, Jackson Township trustees approved $800,000 in construction funding for Phase I of the Fulton Drive widening project.
Trustee John Pizzino said the project will be completed in phases, and Phase I includes an intersection improvement at Brunnerdale and along the east side of Fulton continuing west to Fleetwood.
"This is a $4.2 million project for Phase I and the township’s portion is $800,000," Pizzino said.
He added that the Phase I project could begin as soon as next year. The project is a joint project between the Ohio Department of Transportation, The Stark County Transportation Improvement District and Jackson Township.
- Paid bills in the amount of $1.6 million.
- Approved a budget module for the purchase of cameras for the highway garage in the amount of $5,839.
- Approved a budget module for electric service in leaf drop off area in the amount of $4,940.
- Accepted the following donations to the police department, $25 for the K-9 program from Shelly and Greg Wheeland and $416 from Texas Roadhouse Holdings LLC.
- Accepted the following sponsorship donations to the 2018 Community Celebration: $$2,500 each from Aqua Ohio Inc. and Petitti Home and Garden, $500 each from Vasco Asphalt Company and A.A. Hammersmith Insurance Inc. and $100 each from Edward Jones-Dan Ford and the Paul and Carol David YMCA.
- Approved changing the March 27 regular board meeting to April 3.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m., April 3 at the Township Hall.