JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Township Board of Trustees appointed three people to the Zoning Commission and three people to the Board of Zoning Appeals during the regular meeting on Dec. 21.
Trustees appointed James M. Conley and Matthew C. Sutter to the Zoning Commission. Both will serve five-year terms from Jan. 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022. They also appointed Frederick Monsell and Justin J. Gantz to serve as alternate members on the Zoning Commission. Both will serve a one-year term from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018.
Daniel Creighton was appointed to the Board of Zoning Appeals for a five-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2018 to Dec. 31, 2022. Richard Lutz and Jared Singer were both appointed for one-year terms as alternates to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Approved closing the Yard Debris Waste Drop-off Site starting 5 p.m., Jan. 14, 2018. Solid Waste District is ending funding for the site beginning Jan. 1 to March 17, 2018. trustees decided to keep the site open for two additional weeks to allow residents to drop off their live Christmas trees after the holidays.
- Appointed part-time patrol officer Brandon M. Alger at $17 an hour.
- Paid bills in the amount of $703,198.
- Approved using the Stark County Sheriff’s office for polygraph examination services.
- Accepted sponsorship donations to the 2018 Community Celebration as follows: $250 from Staley Technologies.
- Held an executive session to interview applicants for the Zoning Commission and to prepare for negotiations or bargaining sessions with firefighters/EMTs.
UP NEXT: Meets 5 p.m. Jan. 9 at Township Hall.