- The musical light show, "Holidays on Wildflower," is lit and collecting donations for two causes. All cash and check donations from 2017's Christmas Light Show will benefit Akron Children's Hospital. Also being collected is food for the Akron Canton Regional Food Bank. Drop off food items in the green collection barrel and tune to 93.5 FM and enjoy the show. The light show is at 4781 Wildflower Drive in Green. Visit http://www.facebook.com/holidaysonwildflower for more information.
- Youth Theatrical Classes will be held on Saturdays beginning Feb. 3 through March 31, with a performance held at 8:15 p.m. March 31. Students will work on and perform a play learning stage direction, vocalization, improvisation creating a character, how to work with other actors, how to audition for a part, back stage crew, props, how casting works and theatre etiquette. The cost is $150 with a $20 discount for pre registering by Dec. 31. Students will receive a T-shirt. Registration forms are available on the Theatre 8:15 website, www.theatre815.com. For more information, call 330-896-0339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The theatre is at 4740 Massillon Road in Green.
- The Akron Zoo hosts Wild Lights presented by Akron Children’s Hospital from 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 15-17. Guests will experience the zoo lit up with thousands of holiday lights and enjoy live entertainment. S’mores and other treats can be purchased at Mrs. C’s Sweet Shop, and the Komodo Kingdom Café will be open for a variety of food options. Adult beverages will also be available for those 21 and older. Tickets can be purchased at the zoo box office or online. Visit www.akronzoo.org or call 330-375-2550 for ticket prices and to purchase.
- Theatre 8:15 presents Jingle Bell Follies, a family variety show for all ages at 8:15 p.m. Dec. 15 and 16 and at 2:15 p.m. Dec. 17. It is a celebration including songs, dance, holiday skits and a visit from Santa. Tickets are $13 for adults, $10 for seniors and students and $5 for children under age 5. Tickets are available online by emailing email@example.com or call 330-896-0339.
- Join in the Gospel Blue Grass Jam held from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Manchester United Methodist Church, 5625 Manchester Road. It is an evening of foot stompin’ music. Bring a covered dish to share for dinner at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 330-882-4818.
- Join a naturalist and take a look at how the last Ice Age shaped many of the features in the Metro Parks. Learn what kettle lakes are, why the Cuyahoga River turns north and how Sand Run got its name. The event is from 1 to 2:30 p.m. and is held at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm visitor center, 1828 Smith Road. For more information call 330-865-8065.
- Families are invited to learn all about pine trees through fun activities from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at Summit Lake’s Reach Opportunity Center, 390 W. Crosier Street. Children will make a craft to take home, while supplies last. For information, call 330-865-8065.
- Children 3 to 6 and their adult companions learn how adaptations help animals survive. The program will be held from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and includes a hike and craft. Make other arrangements for younger children unable to remain in infant seats or strollers. Advanced registration is required. For more information, call 330-865-8065. The program takes place at Goodyear Heights Metro Park/Goodyear Lodge, 2077 Newton Street.
- Grace United Church of Christ (UCC), 13275 Cleveland Ave., Uniontown, invites individuals in the surrounding area who would like to share a meal and fellowship with others, to join them for a free community lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Whether you’re in need of a good home-cooked meal or would simply enjoy some companionship over lunch, join in. Lunch will be served in the church’s Family Activity Center, accessed through the west doors. For more information call 330-699-3255 Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to noon.
- The Akron Zoo hosts Wild Lights presented by Akron Children’s Hospital from 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 21-23. Guests will experience the zoo lit up with thousands of holiday lights and enjoy live entertainment. S’mores and other treats can be purchased at Mrs. C’s Sweet Shop, and the Komodo Kingdom Café will be open for a variety of food options. Adult beverages will also be available for those 21 and older. Tickets can be purchased at the zoo box office or online. Visit www.akronzoo.org or call 330-375-2550 for ticket prices and to purchase.
- An Internet Basics class is being offered at 3 p.m. at the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E. Attendees will learn to navigate the Internet and World Wide Web. They will get an explanation and demonstration of popular web browsers. Prerequisites are experience using a mouse, keyboard and the Windows operating system. The class is held in the Library's auditorium, are free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- Join a naturalist on a winter bird hike in search of birds that reside in Ohio year-round, along with winter's winged visitors. The hike is from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Bring binoculars and dress for the weather. Held at Firestone Metro park/Tuscarawas Meadows Area, 2620 Harrington Road. For information call 330-865-8065.
- The Portage Lakes Eagles will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m., 5899 Manchester Road, regarding building improvements. For more information, call 330-491-6252.