Coventry Local Schools is hosting a drug awarness program "Making a Differene in the Opioid Epidemic" at 6 p.m. April 25 at Coventry High School.
The community event will feature several guest speakers who will share their knowledge on how the opioid crisis is effected Coventry - and all of Summit County.
Guests are invited to bring unused prescription medications for disposal and they will get a free Deterra bag for safe drug disposal. They will also learn about the Quick Response Team being rolled out by the Coventry Fire Department, Summit County Sheriff's Office and Summit County ADM Board.
Guest speakers include:
- Judge Joy Oldfield, Summit County Turning Point Recovery Court
- Travis Bornstein, founder of Breaking Barriers Hope is Alive
- Greg McNeil, founder of Cover2 Resources
- Adam Rockich and John Dolenky of the Coventry Fire Department and Mike Walsh of the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
- Dr. Doug Smith, chieif medical officer at the Summit County ADM.