JACKSON TWP. The Jackson Township Trustees swore in six new part-time firefighters/EMTs during the regular meeting on Feb. 14.
The six new firefighters are Adam Hafer, Drew Desimone, Shiloh Bailey, Chad Wackerly, Joseph Dies and Chris Sorm.
Fire Chief Tracy Hogue said, "Congratulations to all six firefighters, all of you are a great addition to the department."
- Approved paying bills in the amount of $2.2 million.
- Authorized the purchase of 10 sections of large dimension fire hose, fittings and other materials at a cost of $10,832.
- Approved the 2017 Farmers Market Rules and Regulations with no changes accept for the dates. This year the Farmers Market will be open every Thursday June 8 through Oct. 5.
- Authorized the purchase of an asphalt heater for the highway division for $12,157 from Concord Road Equipment.
- Approved the purchase of a snow and ice removal equipment packages for two trucks for the highway division at a cost of $115,342.
- Approved purchase of a rotary mower for the park division from Baker Vehicles for $98,186.
- Approved the purchase of a cargo van for central maintenance for $24,167. The new van will replace an older one that needs many repairs.
- Accepted the following sponsorship donations to the 2017 Community Celebration: $2,500 from MCTV, $500 from Southeastern Equipment Company Inc., $250 form First Commonwealth Bank and $150 from GonzOil Inc.
UP NEXT: The next regularly scheduled meeting is 5 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Township Hall.