LAKE TWP. The Lake Township Trustees held a public meeting for a zoning amendment text change during their regular meeting on Nov. 14. The text change prohibits the use of property within Lake Township for the cultivation, dispensing and/or processing of medical marijuana.
Trustee Galen Stoll said that both the Lake Township Zoning Commission and the Stark Regional Planning Commission recommended the text change. Nobody spoke for or against the zoning amendment during the public hearing.
- Passed a resolution to pay the bills as of November 24 in the amount of $852,120.
- Opened bids for building the new Uniontown Police Department garage. Trustees opened six bids including Rosemond Systems, $195,969; Sinclair, $223,326; GB Hawke $218,968; CCI Commercial Construction, $178,500; Curry Lumber, $169,000; and Classical Construction for $169,500. Trustees tabled awarding the bid until the Nov. 28 meeting so that the township and the architect has time to review each bid.
- Approved additional fees to GBC Designs for revisions to the plans for the new Uniontown Police Department garage for a cost of $3,400.
- Approved a brake repair expense for the 721D Case loader used at the Recycle/Yard Waste complex for $2,420 to Southeastern Equipment Company.
- Appointed Ronald Weisel II to the Lake Township Board of Zoning Appeals and Timothy Muckley to the Lake Township Zoning Commission.
UP NEXT: The next Board meeting is 6:30 p.m., Nov. 28 at the Township Hall.