Metro Parks Waterfowl Watch will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. at Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park/Lot SM2 on South Main Street. New and experienced birdwatchers can join in to search for waterfowl during fall migration. Bring binoculars or a spotting scope. For information, call 330-865-8065.
- Metro Parks Hike and Breakfast will be held from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Goodyear Heights Metro Park/Main Entrance, 2077 Newton St. Join a naturalist for a wild turkey hike around Alder Pond and a gobbling good breakfast. Participants will be asked to contribute to the feast. Good for spree credit. Advance registration is required by calling 330-865-8065.
- "Women and Investing: Investing Your Way" will be presented by Rob Moser of Edward Jones at 6:30 p.m. The program will be held at the Green Branch Library. Register in advance at the library, 4046 Massillon Road, or by calling 330-896-9074.
- The Barberton Active Adult Center and Crossroads Hospice Charitable Foundation will host a Virtual Dementia Tour. The tour is a 15 minute educational experience that allows the participant to walk in the shoes of a person with Alzheimer’s disease or related form of dementia. Those taking the tour will have a greater understanding of the realities of what living with dementia is like. Space is limited, call 330-861-7135 to reserve a spot.
- Kinderealm: Hibernation will be held at Goodyear Heights Metro Park/Main Entrance, 2077 Newton St., Akron. Children ages 3 to 6 and their adult companions join a naturalist to learn about hibernation and how it helps some animals survive winter. Program includes a short hike and craft. Please make other arrangements for younger children unable to remain in infant seats or strollers. Advance registration is required. For more information, call 330-865-8065.
- The Greater Akron Audubon Society meets at 7 p.m. at the Mingo Shelter in Sand Run Metro Park. Mark Purdy will present Antarctica and South Georgia. The public is welcome. For more information, visit www.akronaudubon.org or call 330-645-0953.
- New Prophets from Nitro, W. Va., will be in concert at 10 a.m. at the Full Gospel Tabernacle, 939 Utica Ave, Springfield Twp. Everyone is welcome. For more information call the church at 330-794-4420.
- The St. Francis de Sales music ministry and the Peace Together Choir will present an Advent Concert of Peace at 6:30 p.m. The concert is being held at the church, 4009 Manchester Rd, Coventry Twp. Donations received will benefit the Peter Maurin Center.