The Coventry School board has a new member.
The Coventry school board has a new member.
During the Jan. 12 meeting, Jeffrey Skaggs was sworn in as a new member along with returning member Vicki Tavenier, who won re-election.
“I look forward to the opportunity to work with everyone,” Skaggs said.
The board agreed to have Robert Wohlgamuth serve as president again this year with Tavenier being vice president.
“Thank you very much everyone for your support,” Wohlgamuth said, “and I will do my best to lead us through this upcoming year.”
In other business Jan. 12 the board:
- Agreed to continue holding meetings on the third Tuesday of each month, with one exception. The February meeting will be held on the second Tuesday. All meetings begin at 6 p.m.
- Appointed Wohlgamuth as legislative liaison with board member David Andrews being the alternate.
- Appointed Skaggs as student achievement liaison.
- Heard from Wohlgamuth, who gave an update on the fiscal emergency situation. He said the financial audit remains underway and results likely won't be finished until February. The performance audit is in the planning stages and will not be finished and made public until May.
- Heard from treasurer Matthew Muccio, who said all purchase orders will have to be approved by the commission that has been put into place by the state.
- Heard from Superintendent Russell Chaboudy, who presented the board with certificates in honor of January being School Board Appreciation month. A group of students also performed several songs for the school board. There are 68 fourth-grade students in the music program, which is led by Stephanie Galemmo.
The next Coventry Local School board meeting will be at 6 p.m. Feb. 9 at Lakeview Administrative Offices.