• From 1 to 3 p.m., search for Ohio's winter resident and migrant birds and learn amazing facts about these stone-cold survivors. Metro Parks Winter Birds program will be held at Springfield Bog Metro Park, 1400 Portage Line Road. Binoculars are recommended. For information, call 330-865-8065.
• At 8 p.m., Jan. 31 and Feb. 1; and at 2 p.m. Feb. 2, the Western Reserve Playhouse presents “Blithe Spirit” a comedy by Noel Coward. Tickets are $20 for adults and $17 for students and seniors. Tickets can be purchased online at www.thewrp.org or at the door. The playhouse is located at 3326 Everett Road, Bath. For more information, visit www.thewrp.org or call the box office at 330-620-7314.
• Join Metro Parks for Drop in Birds to experience the wonder of hand-feeding black-capped chickadees from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Discover the fascinating features of this tiny, feathered friend while attempting to get one to feed from your hand. Seed will be provided. Enjoy a toasty campfire and marshmallows as well, while supplies last. For information, call 330-865-8065. The program will be held at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm, 1828 Smith Road.
• Archery for couples will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. or 7:30 to 9 p.m. at Firestone Metro Park/Coventry Oaks Area , 40 Axline Ave. Couples can learn international-style target archery and test their marksmanship together at our temporary indoor range. Program is good for beginning and practiced archers. All equipment and hands-on instruction provided. Participants must be at least 18. Cost is $15 per couple. Registration is required at summitmetroparks.org. For information, call 330-865-8065.
• The Portage Lakes Branch Library is hosting Money Smarts for Seniors Financial Exploitation at 2 p.m. Coffee and light refreshments provided. No registration is necessary. The Library is at 4261 Manchester Road. For more information, contact 330-643-9075.
• Auditions will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., Feb. 15 and Feb. 16 for performances of "Charlotte's Web" at Theatre 8:15, 4740 Massillon Road. Have a 2 to 3-minute memorized monologue ready at auditions. If interested in a dramatic role, present a dramatic monologue if interested in a comedic role, present a comedic monologue, if interested in both roles, present both dramatic and comedic. Performance dates are April 24, 25, 26 and May 1, 2, and 3. There will also be readings from the script. Bring all conflict dates. A rehearsal schedule will be available at auditions to fill out with conflicts. All roles are open . For more information, call 330-896-0339.