Metro Parks releases mobile app that connects residents to parks and trails information.
This Earth Day, connect to the best nature has to offer. Start with your phone.
The Metro Parks announced Wednesday that its new mobile app is available now – released ahead of schedule – through iTunes and Google Play.
“We’re really excited about the app,” spokesman Nathan Eppink said in a release issued by the Metro Parks, “and our ‘connected’ visitors can use it now earlier expected.”
The free app features:
• GPS-enabled directions, downloadable maps and restroom locations for all 14 of the district’s parks and trails.
• Brief descriptions of 40 trails, with filters based on difficulty and distance
• A comprehensive calendar of programs and events
• Click-to-call phone numbers for rangers, the administrative offices, the visitors center at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm and seasonal information
• Locations of birding “hot spots,” landmarks, fishing areas, sled hills and more
• Alerts, news, and rules and regulations
For more information about the park district, visit summitmetroparks.org or call 330-865-8065.