KEY ACTION Township trustees approved two amendments to the harassment policy. Additional statements were added to the section titled “Procedure for Filing a Complaint.”
The following was added under section A: “Any supervisor who observes any behavior that could be interpreted as harassment is responsible for either reporting or for taking prompt action to stop the behavior.”
The following was added under section B: “Supervisors who are notified of conduct which could be construed as harassment are required to immediately notify the Department Head.”
OTHER ACTION Approved amending the benefit package for Class B and Class C managers to offer flex time in lieu of overtime. James Walters, president of the trustees, said this amendment was being implemented to save costs in overtime for management personnel.
• Heard Dan Ernst, treasurer of Jackson Baseball Association, say the organization will be committing more than $13,000 this year to help make needed field improvements to the baseball fields in the parks. The JBA has invested more than $200,000 in the baseball fields in Jackson Township during the past 10 years. This year, JBA committed to the following: $6,000 at North Park field No. 13; $5,000 at Lake Cable fields; $1,000 at Fisher Park field No. 4, and $1,500 for various backstop fences.
• Accepted the resignation of part-time firefighter Matthew Dietrick, effective April 4. He has accepted a full-time position in Warren.
• Accepted the retirement of Capt. John C. Santora, effective April 12. Santora started with the department as a volunteer in 1975 and started full time in 1979.
• Set a public hearing for zoning amendment 603-13 at 5:30 p.m. April 9 for a request to rezone from B-3 commercial business district and R-R rural residential district to R-4 multifamily district, approximately 23.75 acres located south and east of the southeast corner of Portage Street and Wales Avenue NW.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION Safety Village is scheduled for 8:45 a.m. until noon June 10 through June 14 at Sauder Elementary School. Registration forms are available at the Safety Center beginning April 22. Deadline for registration is May 24.
• The Police Department will participate in the Drug Enforcement Administration drug disposal program. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 27 residents can drop off any unused prescription drugs at the Police Department.
UP NEXT Meets at 5 p.m. April 9 at Jackson Township Hall.