Click the link below for this week’s suggestions, which include celebrating National Doughnut Day, seeing “Snow White and the Huntsman” or another new film, observing World Environment Day, and more. Or check out these other links.
1. Friday is National Doughnut Day, a celebration originally started as a Salvation Army fundraiser. Many Salvation Army branches still take part in this delicious day, so check the newspaper for information, or head to your nearest doughnut shop and celebrate this tasty food. And let us know what your favorite doughnut us!
2. The new movies out this week are “Snow White and the Huntsman,” a PG-13 fantasy starring Kristen Stewart; “Piranha 3DD,” an R comedy-horror film; and “Battlefield America,” a PG-13 drama.
3. Saturday is National Trails Day, a day designed to get people to use and help maintain local trails. There will be volunteer opportunities this day, so check around to see who needs help. You can also go to http://www.americanhiking.org/ for more information.
4. The NBA semifinals and NHL finals are currently taking place, with several big games this weekend. Check the official websites for schedule information.
5. Sunday is World Environment Day, a day to help out Mother Nature and take care of your town. Volunteer opportunities should be available for this day as well, so check the newspaper for listings. To learn more about the day or how to help, go to the official website, http://www.unep.org/wed/.
GateHouse News Service