Follow the link to see our look at what’s happening this week.
- On Tuesday night, President Barack Obama will give the annual State of the Union address. Many channels will cover the speech, but check your TV listings. The speech is expected to begin at 9 p.m. EST.
- Fresh out of South Carolina, the Republican candidates will debate Monday night. NBC will televise the event.
- On Tuesday, the Academy Awards nominations will be announced. The Oscars telecast is on Sunday, Feb. 12.
- The big movies opening this week are “The Grey,” rated R, starring Liam Neeson; “One for the Money,” PG-13, starring Katherine Heigl; and “We Need to Talk About Kevin,” R, starring Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly.
- This is the first big week for music this year, with Tuesday seeing the release of new albums by Tim McGraw, Scorpians, Seal, Lamb of God and many more.
Video to note
A Thai man recently married his dead girlfriend. Watch below.
Gas price update
Prices dipped ever so slightly this past week:
- This week: $3.378
- 1 week ago: $3.382
- 1 month ago: $3.213
- 1 year ago: $3.108
- Record high: $4.114
GateHouse News Service