This week’s suggestions include playing games on tax day; watching “Rio,” “The Conspirator” or other movies; celebrating Palm Sunday; and more.
1. Friday is tax day, but thankfully for procrastinators, taxes aren’t officially due until Monday. If you need to get your taxes done this weekend and want to keep the kids busy (or want to celebrate already being done), we suggest having a money-themed game night. Our top suggestion is “Monopoly,” but there are other great games – “Payday,” “Railroad Tycoon” and many others.
2. The big movies opening this week are “Rio,” an animated PG movie about Blu, a domesticated macaw; “The Conspirator,” a PG-13 film about the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln; and “Scream 4,” an R-rated horror flick.
3. If you’re in a sports mood this weekend, you have plenty of action: Baseball is in full swing, the NBA is gearing up for the playoffs, the NHL just commenced playoffs and all the big soccer leagues are in action. Check the newspaper for TV times, or go to the league’s official website.
4. Sunday is Palm Sunday, and many churches are having special events for the day. Check the newspaper for information, or contact the church.
5. It’s not technically this weekend, but the Boston Marathon is definitely something to keep an eye on. The most prestigious marathon in the U.S. takes place Monday, and you can follow along at the official website, http://www.baa.org/.
GateHouse News Service