Wednesday, Jan. 2
Key Action: Hartville Village Council has a vacancy. Council member Ed Tucker resigned his council seat effective Dec. 31, 2012.
Discussion: Mayor Richard Currie addressed the vacancy and said council has 30 days from the day Tucker resigned to fill the seat.
• Currie reappointed several inspectors for 2013. Tom Erb was reappointed as the building inspector, Bob Martz was reappointed as the electrical inspector, Al Tracy was reappointed as the zoning inspector and Jim Ringer was reappointed as the sewer inspector.
• Hartville Village Solicitor Ron Starkey addressed council regarding a notice he received from the Ohio Division of Liquor Control regarding a request for a liquor permit hearing for 101 North Prospect – the Hartville Pantry. Council voted to send Starkey for the hearing to reiterate that Hartville is a “dry” village, meaning no alcohol can be sold there.
• Council went into executive session to discuss the appointment of a council president pro tem. Upon returning from executive session, council unanimously agreed to appoint Cynthia Billings to the position.
• Council has not yet decided on committee assignments. They are expected to be filled by the next council meeting Jan. 15.
• Currie reminded residents who have sidewalks that, per a village ordinance, they are responsible for keeping those sidewalks shoveled and ice-free.
Up Next: Meets Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. at Village Hall.
By Tracy L. Valentine