This week’s suggestions include watching “SNL,” celebrating International Eat an Apple Day, watching football and more.
1. September is a big time for TV, and this weekend is no exception. Saturday will see the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live," (meet the new “SNL” cast members at TV.com), the ninth annual Style Awards are on Friday night, the season premiere of “Boardwalk Empire” is Sunday and more.
2. The movies opening in theaters this week are “The Master,” an R drama starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams; “Resident Evil: Retribution,” R, another movie in the franchise starring Milla Jovovich; a 3-D release of “Finding Nemo,” G; “Arbitrage,” an R thriller starring Richard Gere; and more.
3. Monday is the observed date of Constitution Day and so is Pledge Across America. Schools will be observing the day, and libraries and other institutions may be celebrating this weekend as well. Check the newspaper for listings.
4. Saturday is International Eat an Apple Day, so eat an apple in celebration! You can get creative and see what you can bake or cook using apples as well. Have a great recipe that uses apples? Please share!
5. Last but not least, football is back in a big way, and a full slate of games - college and pro - is scheduled for this weekend. Check your team’s website for game times. And don’t forget that baseball and soccer are still in action as well.
GateHouse News Service