The Suburbanite
  • Candle cause of Friday fire in Massillon

  • Massillon firefighters say a fire Friday started after a candle tipped over.

    • email print
  • Firefighters put out a blaze Friday that started when a candle fell over.
    The fire broke out just before 11:18 a.m. Friday in a duplex at 423 Third St. NE. The occupants tried to put the fire out themselves, but were unsuccessful. It was contained to one room, but caused smoke damage in other areas of the building.
    Firefighters put the fire out within minutes of arriving on scene.
    No one was injured.
    The Red Cross assisted the family in finding temporary housing, said Assistant Chief Chris Bunnenberg. Damage was estimated at $25,000 to the building and $5,000 to the contents. Bunnenberg said the fire was accidental.

    Comments are currently unavailable on this article

      Events Calendar