Jackson Township trustees
KEY ACTION Township trustees elected James Walters as president and re-elected John Pizzino as vice president. The trustees also set the yearly meeting calendar. Trustee meetings will continue to be held the second and fourth Tuesdays in Township Hall.
• Approved a resolution for an additional parks levy planned for the May 7 ballot. The proposed levy will be 1 mill for five years, generating $1.26 million annually. The resolution will be sent to the Stark County auditor’s office for approval.
• Approved an agreement with the township Police Department lieutenants. The agreement is for three years and is effective Tuesday. It expires in 2016. It includes a 2-percent raise the first year and no raises for the second and third years.
• Accepted the following donations for the 2013 Community Celebration: $250 from Aqua Ohio, Staley Technologies and Best Western Plus and $500 from M-E Cos. and Aultra Administrative Group.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
• The Jackson Recycling Station Board will meet at 11 a.m. Jan. 23 at Buehler’s Community Room.
• The Community Improvement Corp. meeting will be at 5 p.m. Jan. 28 at Township hall.
UP NEXT Meet at 5 p.m. Jan. 22 at Township Hall.
— PATRICIA FAULHABER