Menches Brothers Original Hamburger Inc., 1885 is dedicated to the memory of Charles & Frank Menches, Inventors of the Hamburger in 1885 at the Erie County Fair in Hamburg, NY, & the Ice Cream Cone in 1904 at The St. Louis World’s Fair! Millions of children of all ages are eternally grateful for these two foods that have become All-American favorites. Menches Brothers “BOBALOUIE Burger was named best burger at the 2007 National Hamburger Festival. In 2008, Menches Brothers won first place in the All-Around Best Burger category. Today’s Menches Brothers restaurant is a terrific example of American pop culture.
Menches Brothers Restaurant opened in the city of Green, Ohio on March 7, 1994 and is still owned and operated by a team of two brothers, Tom & John Menches, and two sisters, Judy Kusmits, and Linda Aleman, all great-grandchildren of Charles Menches. Menches
Brothers offers very traditional All-American foods.
- Breakfast, the most reasonably offered in Green, features house specialties such as fresh cut home fries, and our new stuffed French toast made from our own homemade bread.
- At lunch, in addition to our terrific burgers which are hand-rolled daily, you can choose from many homemade selections such as hot roast beef sandwiches, fresh soups made daily, or the garden fresh soup and salad bar.
- Daily specials abound for the dinner hour. On Fridays, try the new beer battered fish, pretzeled scrod or our fresh caught sockeye grilled salmon.
- Weekend specials include prime rib along with steaks and chops.
- Sundays we are open from 8-8.
Over the last 15 years Menches Brothers has expanded from its original 80 seats to 250 seats including “Frank & Charlie’s Pub”. The restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, has a full liquor license, and can accommodate meetings, motor coaches, holiday parties, business functions, and small banquets for groups of 30 to 150 people.
Family oriented, children of all ages find Menches Brothers casual atmosphere warm and inviting. In addition to burgers, pizza is an all-time favorite at Menches Brothers.
Menches Brothers has two area restaurants to serve you:
- Shops of Green, 3700 Massillon Rd. Uniontown, Ohio 44685, (330) 896-2288, Exit 118 on I-77. 13 minutes from downtown Akron. Seating capacity 250 includes Frank & Charlie’s, our Menches Brothers Pub.
- Canal Park, Home of the Akron AEROS Professional Baseball team.
- (AA affiliate of the Cleveland Indians).
- 300-R South Main Street, Akron, Ohio 44308. Beautiful panoramic view of downtown Akron. Seating capacity inside 132, outside 60-80.
- (330) 375-1717.