KEY ACTION Approved the purchase of 11 Apple iPads for the Jackson Township Fire Department. The iPads will replace the older laptops being used. The purchase of the iPads, Bluetooth printers, cases and licensing fees is not to exceed $20,000.
DISCUSSION Fire Chief Tracy Hogue said the department uses the technology for EMS reporting to the state of Ohio and for EMS billing. The cost of purchasing the iPads is $629 each versus $1,500 to $2,000 each for refurbished Panasonic laptops.
• Was in executive session for more than an hour to interview park maintenance temporary worker and to discuss police department personnel (appointment/employment/compensation).
• Approved the hiring of park maintenance worker Luke Gray through a temporary service at $7.85 an hour.
• Approved the state mutual aid agreement for the Police Department, giving the department the ability to request or provide services to other jurisdictions in the state. The previous agreement was just for Stark County.
• Approved a request to withdraw an application for the site plan to build single-family homes in the area of Portage Street and Lutz Avenue. The developer is revising its plans and hopes to go to regional planning with a new site plan in October.
• Authorized the fiscal officer to do the annual assessment of the streetlights in the township. Randy Gonzalez, fiscal officer, said there are 3,999 streetlights in the township.
• Approved trick or treat for 3 to 5 p.m., Oct. 27.