Fourteen chocolatey goodies for Valentine's Day
1. FRESH FLOWERS. Think you can’t afford roses for your love? Oh yes you can. Dove makes a Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Rose. Find them at drug stores and discount retailers for $3 to $4.
2. COCOA CHRONICLE. Ever wonder how chocolate is made? Learn the answer at “The Story of Chocolate,” held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Stark County District Library East Canton Branch. Presented by Anastasiades Exclusive Chocolates of North Canton. Call 330-488-1501 to register.
3. BUCKEYE PRIDE. If you adore the chocolate candy that pays tribute to our state tree, check out the homemade buckeyes at Fano’s Candy, Nuts & Restaurant at 2816 Whipple Ave. NW in Jackson Township. 330-478-1259.
4. CHOCOLATE STOUT. Imported from Wells & Young Brewing Co. in England, this Pure Luxury Young’s Double Chocolate Stout is something special. Find it on tap at the Growler Station at Fishers Foods on Fulton. Visit www.fishersfoods.com.
5. BARGAIN DELIGHT. We know just the way to splurge when your heart is full but your wallet empty: Head to Arby’s for the Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. It’s $1.99, and rich enough to share.
6. BERRY BLISS. Grab a tissue, because looking at these chocolate covered strawberries may induce drooling. These beauties are from Milk & Honey Candy & Soda Shoppes in Canton, and sell for $13.95 a pound. (330-492-5884).
7. BROWNIE BOUNTY. Welcome to Death by Gelato Brownie, available in chocolate peanut butter, cream cheese, and raspberry, with choice of gelato, $6. Try the lemon chocolate gelato. The cafe is at 506. S. Main St. in North Canton; 330-494-1123.
8. SHAKE IT UP. Craving old fashioned intimacy? Sonic Drive-In can help. Try a Chocolate Cherry Sweetheart Shake. Just one. With two straws. A 20-oz. medium is $3.49. Sonic is at Noble’s Pond in Jackson Township and at Washington Square in North Canton.
9. CANNOLI AND COFFEE. What pairs perfectly with a chilled, chocolate-coated, cream-filled cannoli from Mo’ Joe’s Coffee House & Cafe in Jackson Township? Why, a steaming cup of Mo’ Joe’s Cafe Mocha. At 4469 Hills and Dales Road NW; 330-478-1071.
10. FROZEN FANCY. Michael Baughman, soda fountain manager at Taggarts Ice Cream Parlor in Canton, enjoys a frozen Valentine cookie treat made with housemade cherry cordial ice cream studded with chocolate chips, sandwiched between homemade double chocolate chip cookies. $3.40.
11. LAYERS OF LUSCIOUS. Grinders Above & Beyond’s Luscious Chocolate Pie, made with a walnut cookie crust, topped with a layer of cheesecake, then a layer of rich chocolate pudding, and crowned with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Visit www.grinders.net.
12. CHEERS TO CHOCOLATE. Try ChocolatRouge Wine, available in Sweet Red Blend, Dark Red Blend, and Milk Chocolate. Find them for about $10 in the wine departments at supermarkets.
Page 2 of 2 - 13. DIVINE DONUT. Ashley Carrelli, a clerk at MaryAnn’s Donuts and Cafe in Plain Township, holds one of the shop’s infamous chocolate cream sticks. At 4222 Hills & Dales Road NW; 330-478-9500.
14. PASTA PASSION. Pappardelle’s Pasta, which opened Feb. 1 in the Hartville Marketplace, currently features 30 types of gourmet pastas, including two ultra exotic flavors: Dark chocolate linguini, and chocolate and raspberry gemelli. Visit www.pappardellespasta.com.