NEW FRANKLIN The entrance to the New Franklin service garage will be getting resurfaced before winter.
During the Oct. 17 meeting, City Council approved an agreement with Empire Paving for paving of the New Franklin service garage entrance.
Mayor Paul Adamson said this issue arose quickly as a crew was paving at the East Ohio Gas Company property, which is right next door to the service garage. Empire Paving is able to do the work for $15,401.
The city originally got an estimate to have the work done and the estimate was $29,000. Adamson said this is an opportunity to save money.
In other business Oct. 17, council:
- Approved a transfer of funds from the General Fund to the Dispatch Fund.
- Approved an advance from the General Fund to the 2063 Jag Grant Fund.
- Approved authorizing additional appropriations to the 2018 annual operating appropriations budget.
- Approved a three-year agreement between New Franklin and the Ohio Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association.
- Discussed a resolution ratifying a three-year agreement between New Franklin and Local 2885 of the International Association of Firefighters AFL-CIO, CLC Union. Council took time because they are waiting to see the final draft of the agreement.
- Discussed a resolution ratifying a three-year labor agreement between New Franklin and Local 348 of the Teamsters Union. Council took time because they are waiting to see a final draft of the agreement.
- Heard from Adamson about the solar energy project the city is looking into with Bluestem Energy Solutions. He said they are about half way through the process of looking to see if the city could benefit from solar panels. Early indications are they may be able to provide the city with something. He said the panels would be right on the city’s campus.
- Heard from Adamson that the fire alarm system installation process is in motion for the city hall building.
The next New Franklin Council meeting is set to begin immediately following the committee meetings, which are scheduled for 6 p.m. Nov. 7 at New Franklin City Hall.