The Portage Lakes Career Center (PLCC) is prepared for a new group of students on Aug. 22.
During the July 19 Board or Education meeting, it was announced that all staff vacancies have been filled and new employees are ready for the school year. Teachers return to work Aug. 20. New student orientation is at 7 p.m. Aug. 21 and all students report for school Aug. 22. Also reported at the meeting was that the new Adult Education Cosmetology Lab has been completed.
Interim Superintendent William Stauffer thanked the summer staff for welcoming him and for working hard to prepare the building for the opening of school. Stauffer also updated the board on the solar project that will begin mid-August and be completed mid-October.
Approved business included:
- The resignation of Teacher Jerami Hodgkinson
- Approved Employment contracts: Michael Stepp, teacher; Gabrielle Keyser, practical nursing instructor; Tina Perrin, practical nursing instructor.
- Extended time for the 2018-19 school year for the following: Ilario Cursaro, guidance counselor, 20 days; Bridget Comes, Plant/Landscape/Turf Management, five days; Ronda French, school psychologist, 10 days; Allyson Himmelright, cuidance counselor, 20 days.
- Supplemental Contracts: Nathan Burton, Skills USA advisor; Kristy McKenzie, nursing services; Teri Hohan, student activities advisor
- The board approved high school student program fees for the Career Center and satellite campuses for the 2018-2019 school year and the Portage Lakes Career Center Student Handbook (Code of Conduct) for the 2018-19 school year.
- An equipment donation of auto mechanics tools, valued at approximately $500, to be used as a direct student donation from Allen Hoyle was approved.
- The board entered Executive Session to consider the appointment, employment, or compensation of an employee or official of the school district. No action was taken upon return.
The next regular scheduled meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Aug. 16 at Portage Lakes Career Center, 4401 Shriver Road, Green.