- Enjoy the American roots rock music of the JiMiller Band at a free concert, presented by the City of Akron at Goodyear Heights Metro Park/Main Entrance, 2077 Newton St. For more information, call 330-375-2311 or visit akronohio.gov.
- Springfield Rocks summer concert series will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Lakefront Park Gazebo, 2491 Canfield Road. The Hitmen (rock from the 70s through 90s) will perform. The concert is free to the public. For inclement weather updates, call the concert hotline at 330-794-1739 for possible cancellation.
- Anyone who has earned any bachelor's degree may apply to UA’s College of Business Administration Flexible MBA and Saturday MBA options. An MBA Information Session is scheduled from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the College of Business Administration Atrium, 259 S. Broadway. To register, visit uakron.edu/cba/graduate/info-session.dot. Advisors are available at 330-972-7043 and at email@example.com.
- From 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., join the metro parks at beginner stand-up paddleboarding at Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park/Lot C6, 6194 Christman Road. A certified instructor and a naturalist will guide participants and no experience is needed. The minimum age is 13; ages 13 to 17 must be with an adult participant. Participants must wear closed-toed shoes and be able to swim. Bring water, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and wear clothes that can get wet. Fee includes loan of paddleboard, paddle, life jacket and instruction. The cost is $15 per person and registration I required at www.summitmetroparks.org. For information, call 330- 865-8065.
- From 1 to 3 p.m., Paul Wischt from the Cuyahoga and Chippewa Valley Archaeology societies will demonstrate the ancient skill of flint knapping and share the different spear points used by early Native Americans. The program will be held at Firestone Metro Park/Tuscarawas Meadows Area, 2620 Harrington Road. For information, call 330-865-8065.
- Holy Ghost Ukrainian Catholic Church will present its Ukrainian Festival from 1 to 8 p.m. on the church grounds, 1866 Brown Street, just north of East Waterloo Road. Parking and admission are free. The event is open to the public. The event will be held rain or shine. Food, entertainment, beer garden, church tours, raffles baskets and more. For information, call Father Sal at the church at 330-724-8277.
- At 6:30 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., presents Mrs. Fairless’s Music Hour. Kids of all ages up to grade 6 can join Mrs. Julie Fairless, who is also an accomplished pianist, vocalist, and music teacher in addition to working at the library, and some of her musical friends. The program is free and registration is not required. For more information, call 330-832-5037 or visit www.massillonlibrary.org.
- Haven of Rest’s Women’s Auxiliary program begins at 1 p.m. and will feature the "Something Good" Barbershop Quartet, who are all members of the Akron Derbytown Chorus. A door prize will be drawn at the end of the program. To enjoy some bargain shopping, come early. Arrive at 10 a.m. the day of Auxiliary, stay for a light noon luncheon, and attend the program. All activities take place at Haven of Rest’s main building at 175 E. Market St., Akron. This event is free with all proceeds from shopping supporting a special project for Haven of Rest Ministries. For more information, call 330-535-1563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fireworks in Flights, a search for vibrant and vivid daytime fireworks such as butterflies, birds and dragonflies will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon at Springfield Bog Metro Park, 1400 Portage Line Road. Binoculars are recommended. Be prepared for full-sun conditions. For more information, call 330-865-8065.
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General Challenge Golf will host the Tom Gearhart Memorial Golf Outing with tee times at 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Golfers may register as a twosome or as an individual. Cost is $55 per person and includes lunch, green fees, cart and prizes. The event is a fundraiser with proceeds benefiting the Challenge Golf Program. Call 330-784-5400 for event information.
- Coventry AARP #3820 will meet at 1:15 p.m. at the Portage Lakes Kiwanis Club Civic Center, 725 Portage Lakes Drive. Guest speaker will be Fr. Michael B. Smith, pastor of Immaculate Conception Church in Kenmore. He is a historical buff and will present the "Origin of the American Flag." The program and refreshments are free.
Summit County MetroParks is holding a camp, Crazy for Camouflage, for children ages 5 and 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 11 to 13 at Furnace Run Metro Park/Brushwood Area, 4955 Townsend Road, Richfield Naturalists will lead children on nature-themed adventures, and day-campers will explore a park with fun, hands-on activities. Campers will hike, discover what’s in streams, make a take-home craft and learn all about the creatures that live in the Metro Parks. Cost is $50 per child. Registration is required in advance and can be made online at 330tix.com.