- Any time between 2 and 4 p.m., stop in to the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., for the 2nd Saturday program: Make a Beaded Lava Bracelet. All ages are invited to make a beaded bracelet and add several lava beads if you wish. Beads of all styles and colors area available. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. The program is free and no registration is required. For more information, call 330-832-5037 or visit www.massillonlibrary.org.
- Hard Day’s Night will be performing its tribute to The Beatles at the Lions Lincoln Theatre, 156 Lincoln Way E., Massillon, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for the balcony, $20 for the floor, and $25 for VIP seating. All seats are reserved and may be purchased online at www.lionslincolntheatre.org or by calling 1-800-838-3006. For more information on the group, visit www.harddaysnight.net. For more information, call the theatre at 330-481-9105.
- Join Mercy Medical Center from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for a free hernia-screening and educational program hosted by Mercy Robotic Surgery Center. The hernia screenings will be held at Mercy Health Center of Jackson, 2nd floor community room, 7337 Caritas Cir. NW. Reservations are required and can be made online at cantonmercy.org/hernia-screening-0618/ or call 330-489-1333.
- Celebrate all things furry at the Pet Expo at the Main branch of Stark Library, 715 Market Ave. N., Canton, on from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Families can enjoy a mutt strut, watch a variety of animal demonstrations, make a craft, read a favorite story to a furry friend and more. Registration is not required for this free family event. Well behaved pets are welcome to join in the fun. For questions about the event can contact 330-452-0665 or visit StarkLibrary.org.
- The Massillon Public Library invites children from birth through those entering sixth grade to experience "Libraries Rock!" by joining the music-themed 2018 Summer Reading Program. Registration in person begins with a Kick-Off Open House with music-themed activities from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Registration for the program will continue throughout the eight-week duration, which ends on Aug. 4. A complete schedule of events is available in the Children’s Department and on the library’s website at www.massillonlibrary.org/SRC2018 . For more information, call 330-832-5037 or visit www.massillonlibrary.org.
- At 6 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., presents Introduction to Windows 10. During this program, attendees will be introduced to some of the names, features, and locations of various Windows 10 components. Then, at 6 p.m. June 13, during Windows 10 File Explorer, attendees will learn how to manage files, folders and computer objects, use a USB flash drive and other external storage devices, and use Quick Access with hands-on training. Familiarity with computers in necessary. Registration is required. To register stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- Join in the 2018 Bill Phillips Memorial Golf Classic which raises awareness and funds for the American Heart Association. Skyland Pines will host the four-person scramble style tournament which will consist of 18-holes and begin with a shotgun start at 11:30 a.m. For $130 per person and $520 for a team of four, golfers will receive lunch, golf carts, refreshments on the course, a social hour and silent auction event immediately following play, and dinner. For sponsorship opportunities or to register for the 2018 Bill Phillips Memorial Golf Classic, go to www.heart.org/cantongolf, or contact Valerie Stutler at 330-445-2617 or email@example.com.
- Friends of Lake Community Branch Library, 565 Market Ave. SW., is holding a book sale June 13 to 16. More than 15,000 items, including CDs DVDs and Jigsaw Puzzles are available. For more information, check www.lakelibraryfriends.info or call 330-877-9975. A preview sale for members will be held June 13 from 5:30 to 7:30. Memberships may be purchased at the door.
- At 2 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Computer Basics. During this class, attendees will learn how to use a computer, then practice using a mouse and keyboard. Additionally, they will hear about the hardware and software parts of a computer system. No previous experience needed. The class is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- The Walsh University’s Physical Therapy program will host the Eighth Annual Fit Family 5K Fun Run. Event registration is $30 for adults, $25 for Walsh alumni or student and $10 for the Kids’ Fun Run. Register online at www.walsh.edu/fit-family-5k. All proceeds will benefit the Walsh University Doctor of Physical Therapy Students by providing them with educational scholarships. Race begins at 9 a.m. Kids of all ages are welcome to participate in the .5 mile Fun Run (2 track laps) prior to the 5K race. On-site sign up and waiver is required and is limited to the first 50 children (inside the David Center).
- Kent State University at Stark invites the community to Global Gateway Day. Enjoy a family friendly summer afternoon filled with cultural performances, international food sampling, global games and activities for all ages. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Campus Center, 6000 Frank Ave. NW. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact 330-244-3579 or visit www.kent.edu/stark/global-gateway-day.
- Join Fieldcrest Estate for Father’s Day Brunch with seating available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is an afternoon full of vintage baseball out back on the lawn. Bring a lawn chair for the games. Reservations can be made by stopping in the welcome center or by calling 330-966-2222. Game times are 10 a.m. Akron Black Stockings vs. Canal Dover, 10 a.m. to noon Canal Dover vs Smithville and 2 p.m. Smithville vs Akron Black Stockings. Admission is free for the games. Cost for brunch is $22.95 for adults, $9 for children 4 to 12 and children is under 3 are free. Fieldcrest is located at 1346 Easthill Street SE.
- At 6 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., offers Microsoft 10 OneDrive with Cloud Storage. Attendees will learn how to manage online files and folders using Microsoft's Internet-based file-hosting service known as OneDrive. Microsoft Office Online Personal Edition will be demonstrated. Attendees will need a personal email address to sign up for a Microsoft account, unless the person only wants to watch the presentation. Prerequisites: Experience using a computer and accessing the internet. The class is free and registration is required by stopping at the library or calling 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- The Aultman Medical Education and Education Development departments present a summer program designed for students who are interested in health care careers. The Summer Symposium is open to college students, 2018 high school graduates and high school students who will be seniors in fall of 2018. The symposium will be held from 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Aultman Education Center Amphitheater. To register or to download the informational brochure, visit www.aultman.org and click on the "2018 Careers in Health Care Summer Program" link under the Education tab at the top of the home page. The summer program is free to participants. For questions about the Summer Symposium or for more information, contact Maria Vaughn at 330-363-4936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At 11 a.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., presents Dixieland Quintet Concert as part of its 2018 Summer Reading Program "Libraries Rock!" Kids up to grade six are invited to come listen to the fun sounds of Dixieland music provided by the Massillon Community Dixieland Band. The program is free and no registration is required. Call 330-832-5037, or visit www.massillonlibrary.org for more information.
- At 2 p.m., the Massillon Public Library, 208 Lincoln Way E., is offering Internet Basics. Attendees will hear an introduction to navigating the Internet and World Wide Web and an explanation and demonstration of the popular web browsers. Prerequisites: Experience using a computer mouse, keyboard, and Windows. The class is free and registration is required. For more information or to register, stop by or call 330-832-9831, ext. 327.
- Family Camp Night will be held beginning at 3:30 p.m. with check in at Fieldcrest Estate, 1346 Easthill (55th) Street SE. The family fun night will have a campfire, food songs and games. The cost is $15 and registration is required. Call 330-966-2222 or visit www.fieldcrestestate.com.