- Kids 15 and younger can learn the basics of fishing, then drop a line at Little Turtle Pond from 10 a.m. to noon. A few rods and reels will be available for use. Bait is provided. Adults must supervise their children but are not permitted to fish. The pond is at Firestone Metro Park, 2400 Harrington Road. For information, call 330-865-8065.
- From 10 a.m. to noon, bring your own canoe or kayak that has current watercraft registration, and volunteer your time cleaning up our waterways during Boating Week while learning about safety on the water. We will weigh the debris collected. All participants must have a life jacket. Ages 13 and older only. Register in advance for this event held at Nimisila Reservoir Metro Park/Lot C6 6194 Christman Road. For information, call 330-865-8065.
Support Theatre 8:15 at a fundraiser held from 4 to 8 p.m. at Chipotle at 790 Arlington Ridge St. Mention Theatre 8:15 and 50 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the theater.
- The Barberton Parks and Recreation Department is offering a yoga class for all levels to be held at the Lake Anna gazebo beginning May 31. The class will be held Thursdays for six weeks, from 6 to 7 p.m., at a cost of $42. Register in advance by calling 330-848-6740 or at the Barberton Parks and Recreation Department offices at 500 W. Hopocan Avenue from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The Summit County Re-Entry Network will host Strengthening the Pathway, re-entry event from 8 a.m. to noon at the Akron Urban League. The event is for providers, including faith-based, servicing justice-involved individuals either returning from jail or prison, or already home in their community. The event will focus on fostering dialog among various providers throughout Summit County.
- Manchester United Methodist Church, 5625 Manchester Road, is hosting a Craft Fair and Cruz-In Car Show. The day will include a craft and vendor market, trash and treasure find tables, concessions, bake sale and raffles. All makes, models and years welcome (weather permitting – no rain date). Motorcycles will not be judged. Registration fee is $5, and an awards ceremony will be held at 2:30 p.m. Cash awards will be given to first, second and third place winners. All proceeds benefit educational programs of the church. For information or to reserve a space, call Mary at 330-285-6560 or the church office at 330-882-4818.
- The Veterans Service Commission of Summit County (VSC) is giving local veterans access to career training and an opportunity to put newly acquired skills to use with a free "Job Boot Camp" employment workshop from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., followed by a Veteran and Community Job & Career Fair, from 1 to 3 p.m. Both events, are held at 1060 E. Waterloo Road and are designed to give veterans an edge in their search for employment. Preregistration is encouraged for the Boot Camp online at www.VSCsummitOH.us or by calling 330-643-7636. Attendees should come dressed ready to interview and bring a copy of their DD Form 214 and resumes to hand out to local employers, who will offer on-site advice and training.
- The Cleveland Clinic Akron General’s McDowell Cancer Institute will host an evening of celebration for cancer survivors, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Akron General Health & Wellness Center, 1940 Town Park Blvd., Green. Survivors are encouraged to bring family and friends for a celebration. Registration is required by May 30 by calling 330-344-1418. There is no cost to attend. For more information, visitakrongeneral.org.
- The annual Catholic Charities Summit County Golf Outing will be at Mayfair Country Club, 2229 Raber Road. Shotgun start 9 a.m. Cost is $100, which includes breakfast and lunch buffets and a steak dinner. Proceeds benefit Catholic Charities Summit County programming for people with developmental disabilities. Call 330-762-2961, ext. 220, or log on to www.ccdocle.org/summitgolf.